Saturday, September 6, 2014

Plagiarism






Plagiarism - Calling someone else's 'work' your own. Taking the credit for the work of someone else. There are penalties for plagiarism . . . .
Would you say Plagiarism is a sin?

Because God's Grace is solely based on Jesus work, and not mine, the only way I can 'fall from grace' is by believing I can earn, merit, and deserve it through my obedience and good works, when it is really a GIFT that is unearned and unmerited.

If it is unmerited and unearned, when I receive it, why would it require merit and effort to earn it to keep it?

My good works are just evidence of the good work of Christ in me . . . Without Christ, I can do things that seem good, but are really just selfish and not selfless.

Without Christ, in me, there would be no desire for truly good works in me. The desire to do good is the evidence of Christ present in someones life.

"You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by Law; you have fallen from Grace . . . (back into legalism) . . . .

"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace." KJV

Galatians 5:4

Be careful you aren't plagiarizing the 'work" of Christ . . . by calling it your own

No comments:

Post a Comment