Thursday, August 28, 2014

Faithfulness . . . Ephesians 1:1-2


I've been meditating on Ephesians 5:1 daily for three months now. It's been very enlightening . . .
I'm going to begin a study of Ephesians and will share it here with you all.  :)

To those of you who pray:

Please ask the Holy Spirit to give me revelation in my study of this Great Book.

Thank You for all of you who pray for me, it has made all the difference.
I pray for all of you and I'm daily asking God to give us all Spiritual wisdom and insight so our hearts will be flooded with light and thereby grow in our knowledge and understanding of God.

"He said, "My Child, pay attention to my words. Let them penetrate deep into your heart . . . Then you will have success and it will bring healing to your entire 'body.' "

Jesus is the head of His 'church,' (true Believers), which is his 'body.'
Maybe that's the Body that will get healed . . . . when I let His word penetrate deep into my heart.

Faith - full - ness -  The confidence  that comes by trusting God's promises, to keep moving forward.  Hebrews 11

A letter is usually written to someone for some purpose. Ephesians 1: 1-2

Paul wrote the Letter to the Ephesians to "Faithful Followers of Christ" in Ephesus.
He asked God to give them two things 'Grace and Shalom . . .' (more on that later)

I can only assume from that, He wasn't writing to 'Unfaithful Followers of Christ' because there aren't really any of those.
We are either Faithful Followers or we are not Faithful Followers.

Paul wasn't asking God to give 'Unfaithful Followers of Christ' Grace or Shalom.
Unfaithfulness doesn't need either Grace or Shalom because unfaithfulness follows it's own path.

As an imitator of God, using Jesus as my example, maybe it would conserve time and effort if I would follow suit . . .

"Holy Spirit lead us to 'Faithful Followers' and to those who are in the 'process' of being saved.
It sure would save a lot a wasted time and effort Sir! Thank You Jesus!"








No comments:

Post a Comment