Sunday, June 8, 2014

Life's most Important Questions

Job said, after being assailed by his religious friends, whom he called 'miserable comforters.'  "I need someone to mediate between God and me as a person mediates between friends."  Job was speaking prophetically of the Messiah who is now our Great High Priest, who now mediates between man and God.

A mediator speaks on the behalf of another and settles the differences between them by a covenant which is legally  binding FOREVER between the parties mediated.



Some questions:

If we reject the Mediator, can anything be mediated?
If we reject Life, what is left?
If we reject the Way, can we ever arrive?
If we reject Truth, isn't all that's left just a lie?

Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and no man can come to the Father except by me"

I wonder if we need to ask and answer those questions today . . . . I think those questions  need to be answered by the mediator and not trusted to any man to answer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment